Senior Technology Analyst
Qualification: Bachelor's Degree
- Leading and prioritize the Application Support team’s work load.
- Manage and Own the Problem Management Process.
- Develop, co-ordinate and promote the effective functioning of problem management activities across all of support teams
- To examine potential areas for Service Improvement and raise proposals with the Service Manager • Provide technical leadership.
- Maintain application monitoring, performance tuning and testing
- Documenting the reports obtained from the team members and presenting them to the senior leadership.
- Identify training needs or requirements for yourself individually and for the team • Manning P1/P2 Bridge Calls.
- Daily Interaction with business partners and other stake holders for analysis of the technicalities and the planning of the migration activities.
- Develop new programs, procedures, jobs, new online screens for the LifeComm Rolling project utilizing COBOL II, VSAM, DB2, IMS, CICS, JCL, File-Aid, Xpediter, OS/MVS, TSO/ISPF, IBM Mainframe, and Microsoft Office.
- Changes in the existing batch programs to create the new reports, provide Unit Testing, System integration testing, updated program and system documentation, and wrote technical specifications
- Identifying and controlling the operational Risk factors, ensuring their sensible controls for current situations and future changes in the project.
- Identification of common integration points across multiple mainframe applications and determining the best approach for checkout of these points.
- Automation of checkout of common integration points across multiple mainframe applications.The automation is for checkout of IMS databases, DB2 tables, CICS online regions, FTP servers, VSAM batch and online files, Endeavor, IMS batch functionality and multiple IBM and customer utilities. All the mainframe tools were identified and checked out as generic checkout.
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases.
- Identification of functionalities which needs to be covered manually, get reviewed by multiple stakeholders and base lining the result.
- Involve in Requirement, Impact Analysis, Estimation, Designing, Coding, Testing and Quality processes.
- Generate various reports requested by business using requested criteria.
- Analyzing the business and functional requirements and developed Test Plans, high level Test Scenarios, Test Scripts, Estimates to facilitate the process of testing.
- Production trouble-shooting of CICS screens to resolve service requests.
- Responsible for estimation Effort for test execution and preparing reports and Metrics and data to upper level management folks.
- Implementation of Business cases and technical initiatives.
- Suggest and implement Performance improvements.
- Responsible for reporting the Accomplishments and Metrics on a weekly basis.
- Analyze Existing Applications, Functional Specification Documents and Use Cases.
- Code development and Analysis as per the requirements.
- Designing SQL queries while performing database testing.
- Involve in Version control for project documents.
- Preparation and planning for migration weekend for managing mainframe and midrange jobs.
- Planning of jobs which needs to be released post migration once migration is complete.
- Satisfying business needs while maintaining compliance, following IBM and AGCS standards and IBM quality process.
- Adept in all facets of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Participate in project review meetings with customer and onshore/offshore PMO team.
- Coordination with client business and IT teams and also with onshore and offshore teams to ensure smooth resolution of all open issues during the planning and execution of the project.
Bachelor’s Degree required in Engineering or related fields.